APD cruisers are parked at the department's headquarters. (FILE)

Uptown, alleyway robbery suspect allegedly brandishes a knife during incident

The Ohio University Police Department released a crime alert Thursday warning the campus community about an alleged robbery where a suspect reportedly wielded a knife.

According to the crime alert, the victim reported being robbed by two people in the alleyway between Kantner Hall and the Radio Television Center. The alert described the suspects as two black males, one wearing a red jacket and the other wearing a gray jacket.

The suspects fled East toward College Street and the victim suffered minor injuries, according to the alert.

An Athens Police Department report alleges the suspects stole $60 in property. APD is investigating the incident, according to the report.

The APD report classifies the incident as aggravated robbery.

Aggravated robbery is a first degree felony, according to the Ohio Revised Code. A first degree felony conviction can come with a prison sentence of three to 10 years and a maximum fine of $20,000.

Earlier this month, OUPD released a crime alert describing an alleged rape, according to a previous Post report. A female told police that a man she had communicated with over Snapchat had raped her in Sowle Hall at about 2 a.m. Nov. 1., according to that crime alert. The alert described the suspect as a white, heavy-set college-aged male with blond hair and facial hair on his chin who stood between 5 feet 10 inches and 6 feet tall.

OUPD releases crime alerts about incidents that pose an ongoing threat to the OU community, according to the department's website.

Anyone with information relating to the incident may contact APD at 740-593-6606 or make an anonymous tip to Athens County Crime Solvers Anonymous at 740-594-3331, according to the crime alert.

@baileygallion

bg272614@ohio.edu