Protesters charged by OUPD can get free coffee; Former OU student accused of drugging women

Here’s what you need to know for Wednesday, Feb. 8, 2017:

News from The Post:

• A former OU student has been accused of drugging women’s drinks at an uptown bar. (The Post)
  • A finalist for OU’s soon-to-be-vacant president position has dropped out of the race. (The Post)

Good Morning,

Those who were arrested in last week’s protest can get a free cup of joe at Donkey Coffee and Espresso.

An anonymous customer opened a tab to pay for the coffee of the roughly 70 protesters detained by police in Baker Center last week, Becky Sirc, an employee of the coffee shop, told The Post.

Those who were charged can bring their citations to Donkey Coffee all week to receive a free drink, Sirc said.

Last week’s arrests have led to additional unrest, including a “sing-in” in Baker Center, the cancellation of President Roderick McDavis’ farewell address, and faculty calling for OUPD to drop charges against those arrested.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

Weather

High of 47 degrees with a 40 percent chance of rain.(Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

Scores and Game Times

The men’s basketball team lost to Central Michigan last night at The Convo. (The Post)

You might also want to know …

The U.S. House of Representatives has passed a bill requiring search warrants to search old emails. (Reuters)

A man has been sentenced to 30 years in prison for setting fire to the mosque frequented by the Pulse nightclub shooter. (CNN)

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu