Taylor Swift's 'Reputation' is her best album to date.  (photo via @taylorswift13 on Twitter)

All of Taylor Swift’s ‘Reputation’ songs ranked

Nov. 10 was an amazing day because the world was blessed with Taylor Swift’s new album Reputation — and her best one so far.

The album sold more than 700,000 copies in one day, which is impressive all on its own. All 15 tracks are good on their own, but where do they stand in comparison to each other? Here are all of the songs from Reputation ranked.

15. “Look What You Made Me Do” — The first single off Swift’s new album is monotonous and the worst track off Reputation. The only good things that came out of this song are the lines where the old Taylor is dead and the music video

14. “So It Goes…” — This track immediately follows “LWYMMD,” and it’s just super boring. The song is only worth a couple listens. After that, just skip it. 

13. “Dancing With Our Hands Tied” —This song is lyrically great, but the beat falls short. It doesn’t quite measure up to the rest of the album. It’s worth noting that this song could be about her ex Calvin Harris. 

12. “Call It What You Want” — This is where the album gets significantly better, making it hard to rank the rest of the tracks. “Call It What You Want” is 10 times better than the previously mentioned songs, but in the grand scheme of things, it falls short. It just gets old after a while. It’s not her most upbeat on the album, but the lyrics are amazing. 

11. “Gorgeous” — OK, I personally cannot get past the talking baby in the intro of the song, even if it’s Blake Lively and Ryan Reynold’s daughter James. But the transitions within the song and the overall feel really elevates it.

10. “...Ready For It?” — I know this is a very unpopular opinion, but “...Ready For It?” is the best single off Reputation. The build up in the song is intense, the hook is insanely catchy and the chorus kicks butt. 

9. “King of My Heart” — This song is perfect for dancing around a room thinking about a person you really love. The chorus is catchy, but the pre-chorus is too heavy on the electronic components. And the many beats in the song makes it sound choppy. 

8. “Don’t Blame Me” — This song takes on a gospel-like feel, which provides a sharp contrast to the sultry lyrics. She sings, “My drug is my baby I’ll be using for the rest of my life.” The song is a good song to slow headbang to.

7. “End Game” feat. Future and Ed Sheeran — The second track on the album enforces the “reputation” theme. If Swift would have sang this song by herself, it would have come across as snobby. Having Future and Ed Sheeran collaborate really showed the aspect that people in general have reputations they have to overcome.  

6. “This Is Why We Can’t Have Nice Things” — The child-like tone of this song really matches the lyrics, and it’s so different from anything Swift has produced. She even does the signature talking-in-the-bridge thing when she says “Haha, I can't even say it with a straight face” after singing about forgiveness. Iconic. 

5. “I Did Something Bad” — This whole production is a banger. The drop in the chorus is enough to get anyone pumped up. And you know how Swift rarely cusses on her albums? Well, people freaked out because of this line: “If a man talks shit, then I owe him nothing.” Way to spice it up, Taylor. 

4. “Getaway Car” — In “Getaway Car,” Swift blends the country music storytelling with inherently pop vibes, making it one of the best tracks on the album. The song alludes to a lot of different aspects in her life and fans love the song for obvious reasons. It is her best use of storytelling on the album and blows people’s minds by the end.

3. “Delicate” — This song is a total jam, but still shows her vulnerable side. The intro is really raw, especially when she sings “My reputation's never been worse, so/You must like me for me…” The song is so relatable. Surely everyone has wondered at least once in their life if someone truly liked them for who they are. We feel you, Taylor.  

2. “Dress” — This song has shock value. It is the steamiest track on the album, which can be attributed to the line, “Only bought this dress so you can take it off.” What makes this song so great is the fact we see a different side of Taylor. Collaborating with Zayn for Fifty Shades Darker must have really opened her eyes to the sultry side of music. 

1.“New Year’s Day” — The old Taylor obviously isn’t dead because she included a signature ballad on the tracklist. The song really highlights her voice and the simplicity of the piano part is beautiful and tear-inducing. 

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu