Athena Cinema will host event for first week of classes; President Duane Nellis welcomes the class of 2022

Today is Monday, August 27, 2018. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning and welcome back, 

Today is the first day of classes, but there’s still more Welcome Week fun to have.

The Athena Cinema, 20 S. Court St., will host a Meet Up At the Movies event at 1 p.m. Free popcorn will be available to those who attend. There will be a screening of The Miseducation of Cameron Post at 4 p.m. A limited number of free student tickets will be available on a first-come-first-serve basis. Students must present their Ohio University ID for entry. Admission is $6.50 if free student tickets run out.

For a full list of Welcome Week activities, be sure to check out the OU website.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post:

President Duane Nellis welcomed the class of 2022 on Sunday (The Post)

243 incoming international students from about 59 countries went through International Student Orientation (The Post)

These are the best Harry Potter podcasts to listen to (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

A breakdown of how strong the football team is at each position (The Post)

The OU volleyball team went 1-2 on its first tournament of the season (The Post)

Athens High School won its season opener 51-26 against Warren on Friday night (The Post)

Athens Weather

Monday will be partly cloudy with a high of 90 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Multiple people are dead after a mass shooting at a video game tournament in Jacksonville, Florida (The Florida Times Union)

The late Sen. John McCain will lie in honor at the U.S. Capitol Rotunda (Politico)

The town of Mayo, Florida, is temporarily changing its name to Miracle Whip after a $25,000 donation for beautification projects (Suwannee Democrat)

@thenextbigming

kp03216@gmail.com