Study says Hulu is better than Netflix; October is Adopt a Shelter Dog Month

Today is Friday, Sept. 28, 2018. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

Netflix may be the streaming service you hear about most when people want to stream a TV show, but a new study shows that Hulu is actually the top dog.

Online streaming guide Reelgood examined five streaming services — Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, HBO and Showtime — to see which offered the highest quality and quantity of TV show, according to Business Insider. The study also determined that, though Hulu costs more than Netflix ($12 a month versus $10.99 a month), Hulu is able to provide subscribers with a higher number of shows available for each dollar spent.

Hulu leads the pack with 1,800 shows, and the study determined the quality of the show as being in the top 20,000 most popular titles on Reelgood, along with having a 6.5 score or higher with a minimum of 300 votes on IMDb.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post:

About 500 students gathered at a rally to call for an end to sexual assault on campus. (The Post)

October is Adopt a Shelter Dog Month. (The Post)

Parents Weekend festivities start today. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Ohio hockey will take on John Carroll for the first series of the 2018-19 season. (The Post)

Athens football will try to start out 3-0 in conference play as it travels to Logan. (The Post)

Ohio football is set to play UMass on Saturday. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Mostly sunny with a high of 72 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Dr. Christine Blasey Ford told U.S. senators Thursday that she is 100 percent certain that Brett Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her. (The New York Times)

“Shallow,” a track from the upcoming film A Star is Born, starring Lady Gaga, debuted Thursday after making a brief appearance in the film’s trailer. (BuzzFeed

The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission alleged that Tesla CEO Elon Musk lied to investors when he claimed he had secured the funding to take the automaker private. (The Washington Post)

@ShillcockGeorge

gs261815@ohio.edu