Shane and Ryan explore Yuma Territorial Prison on this week’s installment of ‘Buzzfeed Unsolved: Supernatural.’ (Photo via @shalexandej on Twitter)

TV Review: Shane and Ryan investigate Yuma Territorial Prison on ‘Buzzfeed Unsolved’

This week on Buzzfeed Unsolved: Supernatural, Shane and Ryan investigate the Yuma Territorial Prison, which opened in 1876 and was shut down in 1909. They spend time in the cell of a man who died by suicide, the gift shop and the “dark cell.” 

The “dark cell” was used as a form of punishment for inmates. The cell only receives light from a small vent, and inmates were only allowed to wear their undergarments. They also were only given water and a piece of bread every day. It is also said that guards would drop snakes and scorpions into the cell through the vent. 

This was the last place they visited in the episode, but the most entertaining. When they go into the cell, it is flooded with more than a dozen bats, which terrified Ryan and even scared Shane a little. 

Here’s what Shane had to say about the bats on Twitter: 

There was not much activity when they went into the gift shop or the cell of John Ryan, the man who died by suicide. However, it was interesting to see the prison as they walked around and explored.

Some of the scariest parts of the episode include when they randomly hear footsteps in the prison, and some of the voices that came on the speaker really seemed to be responding to Shane and Ryan.

The episode is definitely lacking compared to the season premiere and their exploration of Mission San Francisco Solano, but some scenes were pretty interesting. It’s fun to look into the history of the prison, and what it was used for after the prison closed. 

Here are some Twitter reactions from viewers:

Buzzfeed Unsolved airs on Fridays at 3 p.m. on Youtube.

@noser_sierra

sn148317@ohio.edu