Finals week is over; Ohio Senate passed the ‘Heartbeat Bill’

Today is Friday, Dec. 14, 2018. Here’s what you need to know: 

Good morning, 

Ohio University’s finals week is over, which means Bobcats will be heading home for winter break. Though the streets of Athens will have less people on them, The Post still publishes articles throughout its duration.

Instead of being sent every weekday, an abbreviated version of Post Haste will be sent directly to your inboxes every Friday at 7 a.m. It will include some of the work we students have been doing throughout the week.

We’re hoping all of the Bobcats out there have a great, safe break.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post

A journalism professor is facing a loss of tenure and/or dismissal after being found responsible of sexual harassment. (The Post)

Former Ohio University Student Senate member Anna Ayers was found guilty on one of three charges of making false alarms (The Post)

The Ohio Senate passed the “Heartbeat Bill,” and it’s set to head back to the House. (The Post)

If you’re attending any holiday parties in the next couple weeks, here are 10 ways to up your sweater game (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Athens basketball beat Chesapeake on Saturday after Logan Maxfield intercepted a Chesapeake pass in the final minutes. (The Post)

Podcasts from The Post:

Hosts George Shillcock and Maddie Capron talk with Cincinnati Enquirer politics writer Jessie Balmert about the different bills being considered in the Ohio Statehouse. (The Post)

Hosts DJ Wilkins and Jayce Rednour invited Ivy Whaley from We are First to talk about her experience being a first-generation college student from Appalachia. (The Post)

@georgiadee35

gd497415@ohio.edu