Today is National Chili Day; ‘Beauty and the Beast’ comes to Stuart’s Opera House

Today is Thursday, Feb. 28, 2019. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

Today is National Chili Day! Chili is the ultimate comfort food, and it’s relatively easy to make at home — check out this recipe from Campbell’s that only requires seven ingredients.

If you don’t feel like cooking, you can grab a bowl of chili from one of several restaurants in Athens. O’Betty’s, Union Street Diner and Casa Nueva all serve their own versions of the hearty stew.

Even though the frigid temperatures are gone (for now), it only seems right to enjoy a cup or bowl. 

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post

Head to the front lines of the opioid epidemic with local EMS workers. (The Post)

Beauty and the Beast is coming to Stuart’s Opera House in Nelsonville. (The Post)

Here are the jerseys you’ll probably see during fest season. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times

Ohio women’s basketball was thrashed by Buffalo on Wednesday night, losing 73-43. (The Post)

The men’s basketball team loss to Kent State on Tuesday showed the importance of experience. (The Post)

The hockey team will be without its two top scorers this weekend. (The Post)

Podcasts from The Post

Host Matt Parker and fellow Post hockey beat reporter Trevor Colgan discuss the latest about the hockey team on this week’s episode of Leaving at Halftime. (The Post)

Athens Weather

It’s almost warm enough to wear shorts. Today will be cloudy with a high of 42 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

President Donald Trump’s former lawyer Michael Cohen testified before Congress yesterday. (CNN)

Pokémon: Sword and Shield is coming to the Nintendo Switch in 2019. (The Verge)

Former Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles is leaving the Philadelphia Eagles and entering NFL free agency. (CBS Sports)

@Heeeeeres_Jonny

jp351014@ohio.edu