‘Captain Marvel’ makes $760 million in its first 12 days; Ohio women’s basketball misses out on NCAA tournament

Today is Tuesday, March 19, 2019. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

Captain Marvel has soared at the box office, proving the first female-led film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe can join the club with the other successful superhero films. 

In its first 12 days, Captain Marvel made $760 million in global ticket sales, and it is quickly skyrocketing toward the “billion dollar club,” which would make it the eighth comic book adaptation to reach that high. 

With the rise of superhero films like Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel, more female-empowered movies are making their way into becoming the norm, and it proves it doesn’t take a male lead to spike the box office charts. 

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post:

Some students opt to cleanse themselves of social media, and they talk about its benefits. (The Post)

Neil Romanosky was announced as the new Dean of University Libraries. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Ohio women’s basketball did not make the NCAA tournament. (The Post)

Jeff Boals held his first press conference as the new head coach of Ohio men’s basketball. (The Post)

Ohio hockey lost its league championship game. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Today’s forecast is partly cloudy with no chance precipitation. The high is 46 degrees and the low is 29 degrees, so make sure you grab your jacket before heading out in the cold. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

A Nashville police officer was hospitalized after being dragged down the street by an ATV. (NBC)

Spotify premium family subscribers will be treated with an extra bonus: a free Google Home Mini. (Pocket-lint)

A whale was found with 40 kilograms of plastic in its stomach after dying of dehydration and starvation. (CNN)

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu