There’s only one perfect March Madness bracket left; the owner of Hot Potato Food Truck is running for mayor

Today is Thursday, March 28, 2019. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

Tens of millions of brackets were made for March Madness, but only one is still perfectly predicted.

Gregg Nigl, 40, a neuropsychologist from Columbus, has correctly guessed every winning game so far in the NCAA men’s basketball tournament — and even he’s surprised. His bracket is record-breaking, with the previous streak holding 39 correctly picked winners in a row. 

It seems that after 10 to 15 years of creating brackets, Nigl has developed a knack for this type of thing. With seemingly no concrete science behind it, Nigl admitted he watched a bit of Bracketology; overall, though, he chose his picks for a variety of random reasons, including favorite city or favorite coach. 

With 15 games left in the tournament, it seems Nigl is closer to beating the odds of having a completely perfect bracket. He has Gonzaga winning it all, by the way.

Interested in getting Post Haste sent directly to your email address each morning? Register here.

News from The Post:

A celebration of Indonesian culture will take place Saturday night in Schoonover 450. (The Post)

Police Blotter: A student in Sargent Hall said apples were thrown at her door and bananas were left on her door handle. (The Post)

The owner of Hot Potato Food Truck is running for mayor. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Here’s how the football team’s offensive and defensive lines are shaping up for next season. (The Post)

Ohio golf participated in the Golden Horseshoe Intercollegiate this week. (The Post)

Athens Weather

It may not be as sunny today, but at least there won’t be rain. The high is 66 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

A 95-year-old World War II veteran took multiple buses to attend a solidarity march against racism in response to the New Zealand mosque attacks. (CNN

Actor and director Seth Rogen launched a cannabis company called Houseplant. (The Hollywood Reporter)

The soundtrack for A Star Is Born has sold more than one million copies in the U.S. (Forbes)

@_molly_731

ms660416@ohio.edu