Wednesday night’s episode of ‘Jane The Virgin’ gave the audience some clarity. (Photo via @THR on Twitter)

TV Review: Jane’s trip to the ranch helps her make a decision on ‘Jane The Virgin’

Just when it seems Jane The Virgin is going in one direction, it completely turns around to another.

Last week’s episode ended with Jane (Gina Rodriguez) and Michael (Brett Dier) planning a trip to Michael’s ranch in Montana for a few days to figure out what they could be. This week’s episode follows the pair on their emotional rollercoaster of a trip. 

Michael and Jane begin the trip on a bad note, with short tempers and fighting from the long flight and bus ride to get to his ranch. The two go to bed and wake up the next morning to a fresh start where things seem to be going well. 

Michael, however, gets a deadline from his boss of 48 hours to decide whether or not he is going to stay in Montana or move back to Miami to be with Jane. This makes Jane panic until Michael comes up with a third option: to date long distance and see if they would become anything. 

Michane shippers are thrilled with the majority of the episode, as Michael introduces Jane to his friends, shares some romantic moments with Jane and even convinces her to camp outside with him under the stars. When they are camping, the two share a sweet moment where they kiss, seemingly solidifying their attempt at long distance. 

A fun part about the episode is Brett Dier’s off-screen girlfriend and actress, Haley Lu Richardson, who guest-stars in the episode as Michael’s ranch nemesis, Charlie, who almost turns Michael’s dog into roadkill. 

Jane is getting ready to go back to Miami when she realizes that in every scenario, she imagines a future with Michael, and she can’t stop feeling guilty about Rafael (Justin Baldoni). However, she realizes it’s not guilt that she’s feeling: it’s love. Jane decides to tell Michael how she truly feels about Rafael.

“The biggest change that happened when you were gone was that I fell in love with Rafael, and I’m still in love with him,” Jane said. “And that’s not going to change.” 

Jane and Michael decide to part ways, saying a final goodbye and thanking each other for all of the memories. Jane then rushes home to tell Rafael how she feels and apologize for doubting that they are meant to be.

“I said goodbye to Michael because I’m sure, more sure than I’ve ever been about anything, that I want to be with you forever,” Jane said. “You’re my now, my tomorrow — you’re my always.”

Though Jane’s speech is moving and honest, Rafael tells her she’s too late because he doesn’t think he can trust her anymore after hurting him again over Michael. 

Jane is heartbroken but tells Xiomara (Andrea Navedo) and Alba (Ivonne Coll) that she is OK for now because she knows they’re supposed to be together in the end.

“I’m going to fight for him because Rafael is my destiny,” Jane said. 

Here’s how audiences reacted on Twitter:

Jane The Virgin airs Wednesdays at 9 p.m. on The CW.

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu