Scientists are one step closer to finding a real-life Atlantis; check out 'The Post''s Orientation Guide

Today is Friday, May 31. Here’s what you need to know:

Happy summer! 

Scientists are close to finding human settlements, the equivalent of a real-life Atlantis, in the center of the North Sea.

Doggerland, an area on the east coast of Britain near mainland Europe, is the area of the recently discovered fossilized forest under the water that has sparked ideas of prehistoric civilization.

After an 11-day voyage through the North Sea that brought more fossil evidence, scientists are already planning another trip to dig deeper under the layers of compressed peat below the seafloor. These layers indicate some areas were once wetlands, which would have been the ideal condition for human habitation. 

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

Here’s what you’ve missed from The Post:

Check out The Post’s 2019 Orientation Guide designed for incoming freshmen (The Post).

A man in Middleport was arrested after being charged with the murder of an Athens resident. (The Post)

Summer is a great time to go to the movies. Here is a list of the best movies to see over the summer (The Post)

Ohio University’s search for a new director of sorority and fraternity life is down to four finalists. Here’s the scoop on each person (The Post)

June is getting a lot of great Netflix additions but will lose a lot of shows and movies as well. Here’s the complete list of what Netflix will gain and lose (The Post)

You might also want to know…

After being silent for two years, Robert Mueller made a public statement regarding his decision to not bring charges against President Trump. (ABC News)

Whether or not marijuana is legal in a certain state, Google will not allow marijuana delivery apps in the Play Store. (engadget)

The Melbourne teen famous for cracking an egg on an Australian senator’s head is now donating copious amounts of money to the ChristChurch foundation to support victims of the mass shootings in New Zealand. (ABC News)

@rileyr44

rr855317@ohio.edu