Blotter: Police called for open house door; employee misusing company credit card

Deputies at the Athens County Sheriff's office responded to a residence on North Torch Road Tuesday “for a reported open door,” according to the sheriff’s log.

Deputies talked with the homeowner, who said they like to keep the door open during the day when they are home.

Wandering around

Athens County Sheriff’s office deputies were dispatched to Melnor Drive for a suspicious man in a person’s yard.

The caller said the man had a flashlight and cursed at her when she asked what he was doing. Deputies found him carrying three cans of beer. Deputies also found a bag of marijuana. He was issued citations for public intoxication and possession of marijuana. He was then released to a sober family member and was taken home.

Cyber bullying

A deputy spoke with a North Plains Road resident Thursday, Oct. 10, about Facebook messages.

The caller was advised to block the sender and, if the harassing messages continued, to report the incident.

House guest

Deputies responded to a Pleasant Hill Road residence Thursday, Oct. 10, in reference to a suspicious man walking around the residence.

Deputies contacted him, and he explained that he is a neighbor and thought he heard someone screaming.

Get to work

Deputies responded to State Route 278 in Nelsonville Thursday, Oct. 10, for a verbal dispute between an employer and employee.

It was determined that the employee was not completing their work, and they were also misusing a company credit card.

Now it’s a motorcycle

A Carol Lane resident reported Wednesday, Oct. 9, that two tires from his vehicle were stolen in the past week.

Great daughter

Deputies were called to Main Street in Chauncey for a well-being check Sunday.

The caller said she had not spoken to her elderly father in three days, but she usually speaks with him every day. Deputies contacted the father, and he was advised to contact his daughter.

Breaking Bad?

Deputies assisted the Ohio Division of Wildlife for a possible meth lab Sunday on State Route 356.

Deputies determined that it was not a meth lab.

They’re in the trees, man

Deputies, as well as the Athens Police Department, responded to Avon Place’s hiking trail entrance regarding a man in the woods wearing only pajama pants rambling about drugs he used.

Deputies and officers searched the trails until other reports of the same man came in that said he was behind Odd Lots. Other reports said he was near the house trailers near the OU Credit Union on East State Street.

@ianmck9

im581017@ohio.edu