Ohio's quarterback Nathan Rourke (12) readies himself to throw the ball in a play against Miami during the 150th anniversary of college football held at Peden Stadium on Wednesday, Nov. 6, 2019.

Football: Ohio to face Nevada in the 2019 Famous Idaho Potato Bowl

Ohio will travel to Boise, Idaho, where it’ll face Nevada in the 2019 Famous Idaho Potato Bowl on Jan. 3.

The Bobcats (6-6, 5-3 Mid-American Conference) were preseason favorites to sweep the MAC East and win the MAC Championship game. With a relatively young roster at key spots, and consistent defensive struggles, the Bobcats took all 12 of their games to just reach .500.

Even with the struggles, Ohio had its bright spots. Nathan Rourke eclipsed multiple Ohio records, including the most touchdowns responsible for by an Ohio player. Coach Frank Solich passed former Central Michigan coach Herb Deromedi for most all-time wins by a MAC Coach after the Bobcats defeated Bowling Green on Nov. 19.

The Bobcats had to win their last two games in order to reach bowl eligibility and they did so in routs over Bowling Green and Akron. They won with a combined 118-27 and had over a combined 1,000 yards in the two games.

For their efforts in the regular season, Rourke and redshirt senior safety Javon Hagan earned First-Team All-MAC awards.

Nevada (7-5, 4-4 Mountain West) closed out the season with a 33-30 loss to UNLV in its final home game of the season. This will be the first meeting between the two programs.

Ohio won its first bowl game in program history in the 2011 Potato Bowl where it defeated Utah State 24-23 on a last second touchdown run from then quarterback Tyler Tettleton.

Kickoff is slated for 1:30 p.m.

@matthewlparker5

mp109115@ohio.edu