Taylor Swift’s music video shows her directing potential; new editor-In-chief named at The Post

Today is Friday, Feb. 28, 2020. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning!

Former country music sensation and current pop figure Taylor Swift is making waves following the release of a new music video for her song, “The Man.” The video comes after a long legal battle with Scooter Braun, a record executive who purchased the rights for all of her songs excluding her most recent album in June of 2019.

The video, which also marks Swift’s directorial debut, featured celebrities and public figures such as Dwayne Johnson’s voice, Loren Gray, Jayden Bartels as well as Swift’s father, Scott Swift. Viewers quickly noticed the celebrities cameos as well as several “Easter eggs” referencing other media such as the battle with Braun.

The video showed a high-class businessman acting out Swift’s lyrics through distinct action and subtle character traits. In an effort to bring attention to issues of sexism in the field, Swift is also seen telling the actor how to act with belittling remarks that women are often faced with in the profession today. At the very end, photos are presented showing that the businessman was actually Swift dressed in full prosthetic.

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

Athens is preparing for the 2020 Census. (The Post)

Three people are wanted for aggravated robbery after allegedly threatening a person with a gun early Thursday morning. (The Post)

Molly Schramm will be the next editor-in-chief of ‘The Post’ (The Post)

Scores and Game Times:

Ohio women’s basketball lost 82-68 against Bowling Green. (The Post)

Here’s what to look out for in Ohio hockey’s upcoming game against Kent State. (The Post)

Podcasts from The Post:

Kyra and Zach talk about plastic and its impact on the environment on this week’s episode of Greener Pastures (The Post)

Athens Weather:

Today will have a high of 36 degrees with clouds and a chance of snow showers. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Parasite abandons the need for oxygen -- becoming the first animal that doesn’t breathe. (All That’s Interesting)

Famous You-tuber faked a vacation in an Ikea. (CBS News)

Two men throw shade in a plane window feud. (Mid-Day.com)

@HiltnerJack

jh396418@ohio.edu 

Jack Hiltner

Digital Director