Wendy’s debuts new spicy chicken sandwich; Black History Month celebration to take place Tuesday

Today is Thursday, Feb. 18, 2021. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

Wendy’s has proven yet again it can effortlessly roast its competition while promoting new menu items as part of its public relations strategy.

The fast-food chain announced Wednesday the release of a new Jalapeno Popper Chicken Sandwich and Jalapeno Popper Chicken Salad. McDonald’s will be releasing three new chicken sandwiches next week, and Wendy’s snatched up the chance to troll their competitors before the items drop.

“While everyone else is playing catch up and distracting consumers with stale chicken drops, we are listening and bringing exciting flavors and bold ingredients forward to help fans avoid the “McStake” of settling for the same boring chicken sandwiches from other fast-food joints,” Carl Loredo, Wendy’s chief marketing officer, said in a statement.

Wendy’s Jalapeno Popper Chicken Sandwich has a varying price by location, but is generally about $5.99. It includes a spicy chicken fillet with jalapeno cream cheese and six slices of jalapenos.

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post:

Athens City Schools’ Andrew Jackson Davison club will host a Black History Month celebration on Tuesday with music, speeches and more. (The Post)

The new Firdous Express on Court Street offers Athens fast Mediterranean cuisine. (The Post)

Ohio lifted its statewide curfew, but Ohio University students say they feel little to no impact. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Lace-up your snow boots! There’s an 80% chance of snow today and a high of 35 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Rush Limbaugh died of lung cancer Wednesday at age 70. (CNN)

The Gaza Strip received its first shipment of COVID-19 vaccines after delays and objections from Israeli lawmakers. (Associated Press)

The first trailer for Disney’s ‘Cruella’ showcases Emma Stone’s eerie portrayal of the titular villain (IndieWire)

@abblawrence 

am166317@ohio.edu