With many businesses adopting changes during the coronavirus pandemic to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, their services and hours may vary from normal operation. 

Services across Athens businesses vary from dine-in and in-store purchases to delivery and pickup only. Many businesses provide a combination of several. 

Athens County remains a level three, or red, county on the Ohio Public Health Advisory System, with a high risk of exposure and spread of the coronavirus. As of March 4, there are 4,654 COVID-19 cases in Athens County, according to the Athens City-County Health Department. Of those cases, 253 are active. 

However, since Ohio’s overnight curfew was lifted, some businesses, particularly restaurants and bars, have extended their hours while others remain relatively restricted. 

Athens bar Red Brick Tavern extended its hours of operation back until 2 a.m. after the curfew was lifted. Several other bars, including Lucky’s and The Pub Bar and Grill, have followed suit. 

The Ohio statewide mask order remains in place when inside businesses. Many businesses have taken further safety and sanitation measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19. 

Athens Bread Company currently allows no more than two patrons in its store at a time to allow employees to maintain social distancing guidelines. The store is also offering services via a walk-up window amid the pandemic.

For an overview of Athens businesses and their current statuses of operation during the pandemic, view The Post’s guide below. This guide is incomplete and subject to change. Businesses, hours and services will change over time as The Post continues to update this guide based on businesses’ decisions.

@sophielisey

sy951319@ohio.edu