Police Blotter: Cow found in road; drunken passenger taken home in Lyft

Just Hanging Open

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded Tuesday to a report of a suspicious person near a business in Amesville. Upon arrival, deputies searched the area but did not find the reported person.

However, deputies did find an open door at the business which set off an automatic alarm. The business owner was contacted and secured the open door.

Mysterious Truck Crash

Deputies responded Monday to Possum Hollow Road in Athens in response to a reported stolen vehicle, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. 

The caller said he was on Bean Hollow Road and wanted to report that his girlfriend had stolen his truck. 

Deputies found the missing truck, as well as the girlfriend, who said the caller was the one who had been driving and wrecked the truck. Following this accusation, deputies tracked the caller’s phone and found that it was nowhere near Bean Hollow Road, but was near the crash.

Ohio State Highway Patrol was informed of the incident and took a report. There was no credible evidence the truck was stolen.

Lost in a Lyft

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office received a call Monday from a Lyft driver about a passenger who was too drunk to give the address of their residence. Deputies met with the driver and passenger to help determine the location of the passenger’s residence.

Eventually, a place of residence was determined. Deputies made contact with a friend of the passenger who lives in the same place. The friend ultimately took custody of the passenger.

Patrolling the Property

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Salem Road in regard to a patrol request. 

The caller said two boys were walking through properties in the area.

Deputies patrolled the area but were unable to find the boys. 

Why did the cow cross the road?

While patrolling Blackburn Road, deputies found a cow in the road, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. 

The deputy was trying to determine the owner of the cow when the owner arrived to catch it.

@AnnaMillar16

am157219@ohio.edu