Harvest of Athens on W. Union St. on Wednesday, Sept. 14, 2021. The new CBD dispensary in Athens, Ohio opened its doors for the first time on Sept. 14, and will have its grand opening later in September. (Jesse Jarrold-Grapes | For The Post)

Harvest of Ohio opens new medical marijuana dispensary in Athens

Harvest of Ohio, a medical marijuana dispensary chain, held a soft opening for its newest location in Athens on Wednesday.

The dispensary, located at 711 W. Union St., is one of three Harvest of Ohio locations across the state. The company has one location in Columbus and another in Beavercreek, which opens Sept. 29. All locations are open Monday through Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m..

The official grand opening for the Athens location will occur Sept. 20, with attendance by invitation only. The opening will feature a ribbon cutting ceremony, followed by a tour of the facility. 

“We are dedicated to shaping the future of cannabis by giving people real control over their health and wellness through access to quality products, education, resources and support,” Harvest of Ohio’s website reads. 

The dispensary sells a variety of its own products, including flower, vaporizers, edibles, concentrates, accessories and more. Patients can order online or shop in-store. 

Chief Executive Officer Ariane Kirkpatrick is the first minority female to be granted licenses to grow, dispense and process medical marijuana in Ohio. 

As a minority owned business, Harvest of Ohio advocates for inclusivity and diversity in its operations. 

“Harvest takes pride in breaking glass ceilings by creating wealth and ownership opportunities within the equity community,” the website reads. “Our team not only believes in diversity and inclusion, but actually lives it.”

@sophielisey 

sy952319@ohio.edu