Police Blotter: Gunshots reported; woman reports rocks thrown through window

It’s Not That Loud

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Glouster regarding a noise complaint. The caller said their neighbours were playing music too loudly. 

When deputies arrived, they heard noise coming from the residence but determined it was not loud enough to make contact with the residents.

Move Your Car

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Buck’s Lake Road in Guysville regarding a parking complaint. The caller said a former tenant of their rental property left a vehicle in the parking lot and refused to retrieve it.

Deputies tagged the vehicle for removal, allowing the caller to have the vehicle removed through a private towing company.

Mysterious Shots

A caller reported sounds of gunshots on South Canaanville Road in Guysville, according to the Athens County Sheriff’s Office. The caller said they believed bird shot may have landed on their deck.

When deputies arrived there were no further shots and they did not find any bird shot on the deck. The origin of the shots is unknown.

Flying Rocks

The Athens County Sheriff’s Office responded to Main Street in Glouster regarding a property damage complaint. The caller said her two front windows had been broken by an individual throwing rocks. 

Deputies patrolled the area but were unable to locate the suspect. This case will be referred to the Glouster Police Department.

Go Away

A Dollar General manager in The Plains requested a deputy in regards to a man they stated was trespassing. When the deputies arrived, they spoke with the man and requested he leave the store.

The man left without incident.

@AnnaMillar16

am157219@ohio.edu