Ohio University Police Department at The Ridges. OUPD recently transitioned from the Scott Quadrangle undergraduate dorm building into the grounds of The Ridges. (FILE)

OUPD reports rape in James Hall; suspect is unknown

On Tuesday, the Ohio University Police Department sent out a crime alert for rape that reportedly occurred in James Hall, located on West Green, Sunday between 1 a.m. and 3 a.m. 

According to the alert, the female survivor reported to a nurse that she met the suspect Uptown on Saturday night. The suspect reportedly met up with the survivor later and used force to have sexual intercourse with her. The hospital reported the information to OUPD on Monday.

The suspect is a white male who is around 5 feet, 6 inches to 5 feet, 8 inches tall and clean shaven as well as has brown hair and a muscular build, according to the alert. He was described as wearing a black Adidas ball cap, a black Nike hoodie, blue jeans and white tennis shoes.

On Monday, another crime alert was sent out by OUPD stating that an incident of sexual battery occurred in Mackinnon Hall on South Green between 2 a.m. and 3 a.m. on Saturday morning, according to a previous Post report. The female survivor reported the suspect had walked her from Uptown to her dorm room, where she reported sexual intercourse occurred while she could not consent.

Both cases are currently being investigated by OUPD, and the department asks those who may have any information to report it by calling 740-593-1911.

@kendallkwright

kw229520@ohio.edu