Here’s 5 sustainable Amazon products for 2022

Swapping some of your daily wasteful products for sustainable ones is a great way to start off the new year. Eco-friendly products help to reduce our environmental footprint. Our planet is being destroyed by toxic chemicals that are released into the air and the amount of trash found in streets, the ocean on beaches and more. 

Sustainable products can be found at a low price and still make a priceless difference in the environment. Many daily tasks and chores require products that go straight into the trash, like paper towels, makeup remover wipes, plastic cups and grocery bags. Reducing waste is one of the first steps to living a more environmentally-friendly lifestyle. 

Amazon sells an endless amount of reusable products for various uses and at great prices. Get your 2022 started right with this guide to jumpstart your clean living:

Charcoal bamboo makeup remover pads

Not only is taking your makeup off after a long day or night a burden, but it can also be extremely bad for the environment. Say goodbye to those pesky wipes (that are also bad for your skin) and say hello to reusable makeup remover pads. These charcoal bamboo pads take off your makeup without stripping your skin and leaving it red and irritated. 

As a bonus, this particular product comes with a sustainable and natural konjac sponge that will gently exfoliate your face to ensure all of the makeup residue comes off. When using, pair these remover pads with micellar water to get waterproof mascara and long-wearing lipstick come right off with one swipe. Once you’re all done, you can toss the dirty pads into the provided laundry bag and throw them into your washer. It’s better for your skin and the environment. 

Reusable grocery bags

Nowadays, some grocery stores and other clothing companies make customers pay for grocery bags at checkout. To save some cash and the environment, try out these reusable shopping bags. They can fit a plethora of items and are even washer friendly. Since they’re made out of net cloth, they are natural and chemical free, too. The mesh fabric allows you to carry a large weight of products but can also fold up to fit inside your purse or pocket. 

Keep a few of these stylish bags in your car or in a closet to go grocery shopping, to the mall, to the beach or even to school. They are extremely versatile and will save you from having to transport items by hand or pay for grocery bags at the store. 

Indoor herb garden

If you love cooking, saving money and changing the planet, this product is for you. Indoor herb gardens are cost-friendly, sustainable, low-maintenance and are overall fun to play with. Not to mention, the herbs are more fresh and are safer than store-bought because they grow right in the comfort of your own home. They also double as some cute decor. 

This particular herb garden kit includes ready-to-plant basil, parsley, dill, thyme and mint along with some all-natural plant nutrients, enough for a full season of growth. You can plant up to six herbs at once, and they grow in water – so no messy soil is needed. This kit is especially great for beginners, as it has a control panel that indicates when to add water and when to plant food. It automatically turns the lights on and off as necessary. Don’t be afraid to upgrade your meals and lifestyle with this herb garden kit. 

Reusable water bottles

If you haven’t made the switch to a reusable water bottle, please do it now for your own sake. Not only is it bad for the environment to use plastic water bottles everyday, but it’s also completely out of style. You might be a little wary of which water bottle to get, or you might need a new one. 

Of course, there’s the classic Hydro Flask water bottle that lasts a lifetime and comes in many different styles and colors. However, if you want to branch out and have other hydration needs, try one of these five fun water bottles, of course all from Amazon. They all vary in price and have cool features to keep you on track of staying hydrated. 

Zero waste kit

Upgrade how you store food and other items with this zero waste kit. Throw away all of your straws, ziploc bags and plastic containers, as this kit includes replacements for all. The beeswax food wraps are made with natural ingredients to keep food fresh, so ideally, use these to store your fruits, veggies and leftovers. The produce bags come in sizes small to large and are great for storing larger produce items and can even be used when grocery shopping. 

The stainless steel straws are a no brainer. Every beverage tastes better when sipped through a straw, right? They are BPA free and easy to clean with the included brush. Lastly, reusable ziploc bags are becoming more popular and are so versatile. You can store produce, snacks and even makeup products when traveling. Overall, this kit is a great start to transforming your storage habits.

@gracebrezine 

gb194519@ohio.edu