Ohio University Wrestling took on West Virgina University on Dec. 6th, 2021.

Wrestling: Ohio obliterates Southern Illinois-Edwardsville 34-6

Ohio took on fellow Mid-American Conference opponent Southern Illinois-Edwardsville on Saturday. The Bobcats leveled the Cougars as they won 34-6 and earned its fifth win in the MAC this season.

Redshirt sophomore Jordan Slivka got the Bobcats off to a blazing start with a win by fall. Slivka dominated the 157-pound bout as before the fall, Slivka was leading 12-3. The first three points scored by Southern Illinois-Edwardsville came in the next match, as redshirt sophomore Sean O'Dwyer fell 6-3 in his bout against Cardeionete Wilson.

The next contest, the 174-pound bout, came to a halt as a coach's challenge stopped the bout in its tracks. Despite the stoppage, Sal Perrine fought through the delays and won in a 9-5 decision. The Bobcats' domination continued as another promising freshman, Zayne Lehman, won in an 11-1 major decision. Lehman toyed with Southern Illinois' Sergio Villalobos throughout the 184-pound match. Perrine and Lehman have both had incredible starts to their freshman season.

Carson Brewer cruised to a third-straight victory for Ohio, as he won by a 6-0 decision in the 197-pound bout.

Oscar Sanchez, a redshirt sophomore, secured the next victory for the Bobcats when he won the 125-pound match by an 8-1 decision. After two victories by forfeit, the Bobcats capped off the victory in fitting fashion with a win by decision for Alec Hagan in the 149-pound bout and a takedown by Jordan Earnest on his senior night. Hagan had a takedown in the final 10 seconds of the third period to secure a last second victory.

Ohio has one final dual left in its season before it hosts the MAC Championships in early March. It will take on Buffalo in The Convo on Feb. 19.

@officialelij

ej358918@ohio.edu