Weekender Briefs: Listen to Velvet Green, see a musical

Friday, March 18

Velvet Green, Rat Motel, Jojomber and Rent Free are performing at The Union, 18 W. Union St., at 8 p.m. with doors opening at 7 p.m. This lineup of bands is one you won’t want to miss.

Admission: $8 for those 21 and over, $10 for those under 21

Wreck League will be at Donkey Coffee & Espresso, 17 W. Washington St., from 8 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. on Friday. Come out to show support for the Dayton performers and enjoy live music.

Admission: Free

Saturday, March 19

The Athens Farmers Market is happening from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m., located in the front parking lot and inside The Market on State, 1002 E. State St. Shop for local foods such as pastries, fruits and vegetables. Members of the Athens Art Guild will also be selling hand-crafted items as well.

Admission: Free

Buckeye Cave at Burr Oak State Park Two Mile Hike, 10220 Burr Oak Lodge Rd., is occurring from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Learn about the geology of the area with Naturalist Julie Gee. Advanced registration is required by calling Gee at 740-818-4530 or email Julie.gee@dnr.ohio.gov.

Admission: Free, but participants must register beforehand

Scribble and Play: Art for Kids at The Dairy Barn Arts Center, 8000 Dairy Lane. The artwork and activities are family-friendly, as well as appropriate for people of all ages. The gallery is open from 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.

Admission: $7 for general, $5 for students, seniors and children three and older, free for members and children under two

Sunday, March 20

Sister Act presented by ABC Players, taking place at Stuart’s Opera House, 52 Public Square, at 2 p.m. The show is a musical comedy based on the 1992 film of the same name. 

Admission: $12 for adults, $8 for students, with a $1 ticket charge if purchased online

@mimi_calhoun

mc300120@ohio.edu