Kourtney Kardashian and Travis Barker celebrated their wedding in Portofino, Italy (Photo provided by @kourtneykardash via Instagram).

Rating the best, worst looks from the Kravis wedding

The third time's a charm for Kourtney Kardashian and Travis Barker, as they celebrated their third wedding this past weekend in Portofino, Italy. The whole Kardashian clan was there, making it a show-stopping affair. 

Anything these sisters do is done in style, and it is certainly true for this Italian wedding. Taking a note from Barker’s punk rock style, the Kardashian family truly made a gothic wedding look edgy and glamorous. Here are the best and the worst looks from the infamous wedding.

The Kardashians embraced Italian style this past weekend, opting for looks from the Dolce & Gabbana archive collection. From the classic Dolce slick silhouettes to the cross necklaces, all of the family brought their A-game to the event. 

Kourtney truly embraced Barker’s punk rock aesthetic throughout their relationship and added a touch of glamour to her style for their wedding weekend. The best look from the bride was on Saturday evening, wearing a sheer, red gown from the brand’s 1998 collection. She looked so elegant but still gave a rebellious edge. 

Unfortunately, the same could not be said about her wedding dress. At the ceremony at Villa Olivetta, home to Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana, Kourtney wore a satin corset mini dress. While untraditional wedding dresses can be flattering and exciting, this look was more suitable for Kourtney and Travis’s time after the wedding.

The only thing that saved this look was her flowing and gorgeous veil. The white flowers were hand embroidered, depicting the Virgin Mary. Overall, this look was not as amazing as one would expect, but the long veil moment was amazing.  

The groom’s looks were also not as avant-garde as one would expect. While the bride should definitely shine on the wedding day, I was disappointed to see such average looks from Barker. His best look was Saturday evening’s black tweed suit. Barker wore black the whole wedding weekend, but at least this look added some detailing and interest. 

Another sister whose looks were underwhelming was Kim. Her outfits were fine, but they are what we usually expect from Kim: grey or black two-piece sets. Her best look from the worst was a two-piece grey set, with a pinned corset top and floral printed pants. These looks prove there is a difference between an effortless look and no effort. 

The one sister who outshined the bride with her fashion choices this weekend was Khloe. She truly embraced the “la dolce vita” style, opting for tighter silhouettes and flowing dresses and skirts. Her best look was a fitted cheetah print dress with a built-in corset. It gave an effortless yet sophisticated look that we do not normally see from this sister.

Sisters Kylie and Kendall Jenner also stunned with their looks. At the ceremony, Kylie’s best look was in a 1998 vintage gown, which was hand-painted with flowers. The dress reportedly cost over $10,000 and was paired with Dolce & Gabbana sandals and earrings. Kendall also killed her floral look, wearing a two-piece matching set from the brand’s 1997 spring/summer collection. It still gives the simplistic style that Kendall usually goes for, while still bringing a runway style for a boat ride.

The real surprises from the wedding were the looks from daughters North West and Penelope Disick. Do not be surprised if these two cousins are just as big of style icons as their moms are. Disick walked down the aisle in a grey, Cinderella-style gown with red roses pinned. With her matching red hair, she looked so beautiful, while still keeping some rock that she learned from Barker. 

West, however, shocked the internet by wearing a peach corset-style top on a day out with the family. Many claimed the look was inappropriate, but she actually looks adorable. She paired it with a fur pink coat and lace pants and even wore a long sleeve top under. It was completely appropriate and super on-trend. 

Now that the Kravis wedding is over and the garments go back on the hangers, we can only hope the next Kardashian event is as extravagant as this one.

@hannahcmpbell 

hc895819@ohio.edu