Ryan Maxin in front of Cutler Hall on College Green.

From the Editor’s Desk: Fill your Spring Break with ‘The Post’

Pat yourselves on your backs, Bobcats; you’ve officially made it through half the semester! With that milestone comes the much-needed, well-earned Spring Break. I, for one, could not be more excited. 

Whether you’re staying in Athens to chill and host friends like me, heading home for a week of free laundry and home-cooked meals or jetting off to an exotic destination like some of our Posties, The Post has you covered with songs to listen to, clothes to wear, movies to watch and more for the week ahead. 

If you love listening to music during your travels and want advice on the best songs, check out Alicia Szczesniak’s suggestions for your Spring Break playlist. Szczesniak prepared the list of songs with her friends, so it’s already widely liked. Each song suggestion is accompanied by a rationale of why it’s the perfect beat for the break. Szczesniak also wrote a guide to the best albums for spring

If movies, specifically horror films, are more your style, Brooke Phillips’ story on the five best horror movies to watch during Spring Break is a must-read. Most of the films on the list are classics, so there won’t be many surprises for those. However, all the suggestions will surely scare you to your core. 

Do you want to know what to wear to the beach, the campsite or around your home this Spring Break? Grace Brezine has your back. Her Spring Break fashion guide has several suggestions for how to make this Spring Break the most stylish one yet. Reference it for all your fashion needs. 

If you’re planning to stay in Ohio next week, Adam Vince has researched all of the best Spring Break getaways that are, more or less, nearby. Just because you’re staying in-state doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a week without homework and classes and stress. Check out his five best ways to enjoy your homebound Spring Break

Some of us are luckier than others, as proven by Sophia Rooksberry’s recent article about a group of Ohio University students traveling to London as part of their “UK: Suffragettes and Soldiers” class. If you’re interested in learning how the students feel about their upcoming trip, check out Rooksberry’s story. 

You can find all of this content within the pages of this edition or at The Post’s website, thepostathens.com. No matter what you do this Spring Break, whether it’s lounging on the beach or on your couch, check out what we’re publishing! 

Ryan Maxin is a junior studying journalism at Ohio University and the editor-in-chief of The Post. Interested in chatting more with him? Email Ryan at rm554219@ohio.edu or find him on Twitter at @ryanmaxin.