Weekender Briefs: Drag show, live theater and more

Friday, March 3

“The Secretaries” is a one-act production that commentates on the cultural expectations surrounding femininity, as told by the main character Pretty Patty Johnson. Johnson experiences various horror movie-esque experiences at her new secretary office and slowly realizes that things are not right. The production is directed by Caitlin Lopez and will take place in room 227 of Putnam Hall on March 3rd at 7:30 p.m.

Admission: Free

The Ohio Men’s Basketball team is facing Bowling Green at the Convo this weekend, starting at 8 p.m. The themes are senior night, 2000s night and fan appreciation night. There will be free Chick-fil-A and Totino’s Pizza Rolls for students while supplies last. Additionally, the first 200 fans will receive free t-shirts.

Admission: Free for Ohio University students

The Ohio University Opera Theater will be putting on a production of “Little Women.” The production is being guest Stage Directed by Thea Wigglesworth, and Daniel Stein is the music director. The opera is taking place in the Templeton-Blackburn Memorial Auditorium at 8 p.m.

Admission: Free for Ohio University Students

Saturday, March 4

A Drag Brunch at Sol Island Bar and Grill, 700 E. State St., will take place from noon to 2 p.m. Local queens Kazma Knights, Evelyn Everything and Paris Aquarius will take the stage for comedy, dance and song.

Admission: Free

Bobcats For Discovery in collaboration with Ohio Valley Museum of Discovery and WOUB Learning Lab are holding a Discovery Fun Fair. The fair will include a ping pong ball cannon, origami, paper circuits and more. It is being held in rooms 245 and 235 in Walter Hall from 1 to 4 p.m. There will also be pizza available while supplies last.

Admission: Free

“macbitches” follows the story of a freshman who unexpectedly receives the top role of Lady Macbeth in her school production. The older students invite her over to “celebrate,” while also trying to reassert their dominance in the program.

Admission: Free

Sunday, March 5 

Indonesian Night will take place in Baker Ballroom from 4 to 7 p.m. Hosted by Permias Athens, participants will get an up-close work at Indonesian culture. The event will feature cultural performances and food from Indonesia.

Admission: $15

Returning Student Room Selection Open House returns from 5 to 7 p.m. Upcoming second-year students have the opportunity to view potential buildings to live in next year, and even get a chance to win priority room selection.

Admission: Free

Ohio University student Daniel Swartz is holding his undergraduate tuba recital in Glidden Hall at 6 p.m.

Admission: Free

@ErionEmma

ee646020@ohio.edu

Emma Erion

Managing Editor