Ranking all of Taylor Swift’s album singles

Taylor Swift, an American singer-songwriter, has a total of 10 studio albums and three re-recorded albums. She boasts an impressive catalog of over 200 songs and is a world-renowned artist. 

Here’s a ranking of all of her American singles from each of her albums based on a combination of statistics and significance to Swift’s career, excluding non-album tracks. 

63. “Breathe (feat.) Colbie Caillat” (“Fearless (Taylor’s Version)”) 

“Breathe” was originally released in 2008 and was Swift’s first collaboration. The song was re-released in 2021 as a part of “Fearless (Taylor’s Version).”

62. “Fifteen” (“Fearless (Taylor’s Version)”)

“Fifteen” was originally released in 2008 as the fourth single on “Fearless.” It was released again in 2021 as a part of “Fearless (Taylor’s Version).”

61. “You’re Not Sorry” (“Fearless (Taylor’s Version)”)

“You’re Not Sorry” was originally released in 2008 and re-released in 2021 for “Fearless (Taylor’s Version).”

60. “The Archer” (“Lover”)

“The Archer” was released in 2019 as the third single off of “Lover.” Although the personal lyrics resonated with many fans, the song did not climb the charts in comparison to the other singles off of "Lover.”

59. “coney island (feat. The National)” (“evermore”)

In 2020, Taylor Swift collaborated with The National, an American rock band for the first time in “coney island (feat. The National The singer and the band have collaborated several times since this release.

58. “The Last Time (feat. Gary Lightbody of Snow Patrol)” (“Red (Taylor’s Version)”) 

“The Last Time (feat. Gary Lightbody of Snow Patrol)” was released originally in 2012, and then was re-released in 2021 on “Red (Taylor’s Version).” The single is the only collaboration from Swift and Lightbody. 

57. “ME! (feat. Brendon Urie of Panic! At The Disco)”  (“Lover”)

“ME! (feat. Brendon Urie of Panic! At The Disco)” was released in 2019 as the first single of Swift’s seventh studio album “Lover.” Although a fun, upbeat song, the single received mixed reviews from critics and fans. 

56. “exile (feat. Bon Iver)” (“folklore”)

The fourth track of Swift’s alternative album, “folklore,”“exile (feat. Bon Iver).” It is Swift’s only collaboration with American indie folk band Bon Iver.

55. “no body, no crime (feat. HAIM)” (“evermore”)

In a collaboration between Swift and girl band HAIM, “no body, no crime (feat. HAIM)” was released in 2020 on “evermore.” The song peaked at No. 34 on the Billboard Hot 100 and serves as the second single off of “evermore.”

54. “End Game (feat. Ed. Sheeran and Future)” (“reputation”)

“End Game (feat. Ed Sheeran and Future)” was released in 2017 as a part of Swift's album, “reputation,” in collaboration with Ed Sheeran and Future. The single awarded Swift her 55th Billboard Top 40 Hit. 

53. “Call It What You Want” (“reputation”)

“Call It What You Want” was Swift’s fourth single off of 2017’s “reputation.” It was released as a promotional single in the lead-up to the album’s release date.

52. “Ours” (“Speak Now (Taylor’s Version)”)

“Ours” was released as a single in 2011 on Swift’s first self-written album “Speak Now.” The song was re-released in 2023 on “Speak Now (Taylor’s Version).”

51. “Begin Again” (“Red (Taylor’s Version)”)

“Begin Again” was released in 2012 and debuted at No. 7 on the Billboard Hot 100. It was re-released in 2021 on “Red (Taylor’s Version).”

50. “Gorgeous” (“reputation”)

“Gorgeous” was released in 2017 as a promotional single for “reputation.” It debuted at No. 1 on Billboard’s Digital Song Sales chart. 

49. “New Year's Day” (“reputation”) 

“New Years Day” was released in 2017 on “reputation.” Although “reputation” was a pop album, “New Years Day” reached No. 40 on Billboard’s Hot Country Hits chart. 

48. “Red” (“Red (Taylor’s Version)”)

“Red” was the title track and single off of 2012's “Red.” The song peaked at No. 6 on Billboard’s Hot 100 and was re-released in 2021 on “Red (Taylor’s Version).”

47. “Ronan” (“Red (Taylor’s Version)”)

“Ronan” was released in 2012 and 2021 on “Red” and “Red (Taylor’s Version).” The heartbreaking single was written in honor of Ronan Thompson, a young boy who died of cancer the day before his fourth birthday. 

46. “Sparks Fly” (Speak Now (Taylor’s Version)”) 

“Sparks Fly” was the fifth single from “Speak Now.” It topped the Billboard Country chart and was re-released on “Speak Now (Taylor’s Version).”

45. “Change” (“Fearless (Taylor’s Version)”)

“Change” was released as a part of the AT&T TEAM USA Soundtrack for 2008, and later released on “Fearless” and “Fearless (Taylor’s Version).” It peaked at No. 10 on the Billboard Hot 100.

44. “State Of Grace” (“Red (Taylor’s Version)”)

“State Of Grace” was released as a single from “Red.” It was Swift’s fourth single from “Red” to chart No. 1 on iTunes less than 24 hours after she shared a snippet of the song on “Good Morning America.”

43. “Welcome To New York” (1989)

“Welcome To New York” was released as a single off of “1989,” Swift’s first all pop record. While the song only peaked at No. 48 on the Billboard Hot 100, the song was the opening track and set the scene for one of Swift’s most influential albums to date. 

42. “Fearless” (“Fearless (Taylor’s Version)”)

The title track “Fearless” was released in 2008 and peaked at No. 9 on the Billboard Hot 100. The song was re-released in 2021 on “Fearless (Taylor’s Version).”

41. *“Lavender Haze” (*“Midnights”)

“Lavender Haze” was the second single off of Swift’s latest album “Midnights.” The single allowed Swift to tie the record for most Adult Pop Airplay. 

40. “White Horse” (“Fearless (Taylor’s Version)”)

“White Horse” was released as a single from “Fearless” in 2008. The song was featured on an episode of ABC’s hit medical drama “Grey’s Anatomy” and peaked at No. 13 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart.

39. “The Story of Us” (“Speak Now (Taylor’s Version)”)

“The Story of Us” was released in 2010 on “Speak Now.” The music video has 146 million views. The song was re-released in 2023 on “Speak Now (Taylor’s Version).”

38. “New Romantics” ("1989") 

“New Romantics” was released as a single in 2014 off of “1989.” Most recently, the song was used to usher fans into the “1989 (Taylor’s Version)” era. The re-record visits Swift’s most influential era of music. 

37. “Should’ve Said No” ("Taylor Swift")

“Should’ve Said No” was one of five of Swift’s first singles. Released on “Taylor Swift” in 2006, the song spent 30 weeks on the Billboard Hot 100 and peaked at No. 33, an impressive feat for a country song. 

36. “Everything Has Changed feat. Ed Sheeran” (“Red (Taylor’s Version)”)

“Everything Has Changed feat. Ed Sheeran” was released in 2012 on “Red.” It was the first of many Swift and Sheeran collabs on the album. It peaked at No. 32 on the Billboard Hot 100. 

35. “Mean” (“Speak Now (Taylor’s Version)”)

“Mean” was released as a single off of “Speak Now” in 2010. It was re-released again in 2023 on “Speak Now (Taylor’s Version).” It peaked at No. 11 on the Billboard Hot 100 and serves as the perfect anthem for not letting the haters win.

34. “I Can See You (Taylor’s Version) (From the Vault)” (“Speak Now (Taylor’s Version)”)

“I Can See You (Taylor’s Version) (From the Vault)” was released in 2023 on “Speak Now (Taylor’s Version).” It peaked at No. 5 on the Billboard Hot 100. Its accompanying music video sent Swifties into a frenzy trying to decode all of the hidden Easter eggs. 

33. “This Love” (“1989 (Taylor’s Version)”)

“This Love (Taylor’s Version)” was released in 2022 as the second single off of “1989 (Taylor’s Version).” While the song only reached a peak of 50 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, the fact that it was released a full year before “1989 (Taylor’s Version)” makes this single pretty important. 

32. “betty” (“folklore”)

The fourteenth track of “folklore” is “betty.” The song reached No. 42 on the Billboard Hot 100, but more importantly, it gave fans a first taste of Swift’s storytelling skills.

31. “Message In A Bottle (Taylor’s Version) (From the Vault)” (“Red (Taylor’s Version”))

“Message In A Bottle (Taylor’s Version) (From the Vault)” was released as a pop single from “Red (Taylor’s Version)” in 2021. While the album is a mix of the pop and country genres, “Message In A Bottle” has a distinct pop sound that makes it a significant single. 

30. “Picture To Burn” (“Taylor Swift”)

“Picture To Burn” was released in 2006 on the album “Taylor Swift.” It peaked at No. 28 on the Billboard Hot 100 and was a part of Swift’s first group of singles that propelled her into stardom. 

29. “Out Of The Woods” (“1989”)

“Out Of The Woods” was released in 2014 as a part of “1989.” The song peaked at No. 18 on the Billboard Hot 100 and its music video has 195 million views. 

28. “willow” (“evermore”)

In 2020, “willow” was released as a single from “evermore.” It is the album’s biggest hit, boasting an impressive No. 1 spot on the Billboard Hot 100 and several remixes to add to its legacy. 

27. “I Bet You Think About Me (feat. Chris Stapleton) (Taylor’s Version) (From the Vault)” (“Red (Taylor’s Version)”) 

“I Bet You Think About Me feat. Chris Stapleton (Taylor’s Version) (From the Vault)” was the first single off of “Red (Taylor’s Version).” While the album as a whole blurs the lines between the pop and country genres, this song features a little of Swift’s old country twang. 

26. “Lover” (“Lover”)

“Lover” was released as the title track and single off of “Lover.” The song peaked at No. 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 and is a picture-perfect love song that is sure to become a classic in Swift’s discography. 

25. “22” (“Red (Taylor’s Version)”)

“22” was released as a single off of “Red” in 2012. The song peaked at No. 20 on the Billboard Hot 100 but still exists today as a 22 birthday anthem. The song was re-released in 2021 on “Red (Taylor’s Version).”

24. “Speak Now” (“Speak Now (Taylor’s Version)”)

“Speak Now” was released as the title track and single off of “Speak Now” in 2010. The song peaked at No. 8 on the Billboard Hot 100 and spent 3 weeks on the chart. The song was released in 2023 on “Speak Now (Taylor’s Version).”

23. “The Man” (“Lover”) 

“The Man” was released as a single from “Lover” in 2019. The song had an accompanying music video that further explored the song’s feminist lyrics. The single only peaked at No. 23 on the Billboard Hot 100, but its message about society’s double standards of men and women is far more significant than its chart number. 

22. “Teardrops On My Guitar” (“Taylor Swift”) 

“Teardrops On My Guitar” was released in 2006 on “Taylor Swift.” It later became the second single off the album and spent 48 weeks on the Billboard Hot 100. 

21. “Mine” (“Speak Now (Taylor’s Version)”)

“Mine” was released in 2010 as a single off of “Speak Now.” It peaked at No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100. The song was re-released in 2023 on “Speak Now (Taylor’s Version).” 

20. “Wildest Dreams” (“1989 (Taylor’s Version)”)

“Wildest Dreams” was first released in 2014 on “1989,” and was released again in 2021 as the first single off of “1989 (Taylor’s Version).” The song originally peaked at No. 5 on the Billboard Hot 100 and spent 27 weeks on the chart. 

19. “Back To December” (“Speak Now (Taylor’s Version)”) 

“Back To December” was released in 2010 on “Speak Now.” The song peaked at No. 6 on the Billboard Hot 100 and spent a total of 20 weeks on the chart. The song was re-released in 2023 on “Speak Now (Taylor’s Version).”

18. “Bad Blood” (“1989”) 

“Bad Blood” was released as a single off of “1989” in 2014. The song was then released again as a collaboration between Swift and Kendrick Lamar. The music video received 1.8 billion views. 

17. “You Need To Calm Down” (“Lover”) 

Released as a single off “Lover,” “You Need To Calm Down” marked a significant point in Swift’s career. The song came around the same time as the singer broke her silence on politics for the first time in her career. It also provided an outpour of support for the LGBTQIA+ community. 

16. “Our Song” (“Taylor Swift”)

“Our Song” was released in 2006 on Swift’s debut album “Taylor Swift.” It peaked at No. 16 on the Billboard Hot 100 and is still beloved by fans 17 years after its release. 

15. *“Delicate” (“reputation”)

"Delicate“ was released as a single from “reputation” in 2017. It peaked at No. 12 on the Billboard Hot 100 and spent 35 weeks on the chart. The song had an accompanying music video and was one of her biggest singles from the album. 

14. “cardigan” (“folklore”)

In 2020, “cardigan” was released on “folklore." It was the biggest single off of Swift’s first alternative album. 

13. “Mr. Perfectly Fine (Taylor’s Version) (From the Vault)” (“Fearless (Taylor’s Version)”) 

“Mr. Perfectly Fine (Taylor’s Version) (From the Vault)” was released in 2012 as a vault track on “Fearless (Taylor’s Version).” It was the first vault track single for Swift’s re-recordings. 

12. “...Ready For It?” (“reputation”)

“...Ready For It?” was released as a single off “reputation” in 2017. The song peaked at No. 4 on the charts and provided the perfect opening track for the album. 

11. “Style” (“1989”) 

Pop hit “Style” was released in 2014 as a single for “1989.” The song reached No. 6 on the Billboard Hot 100 and became Swift’s third top 10 single from “1989.”

10. “Love Story” (“Fearless (Taylor’s Version)”)

Originally released in 2008 on “Fearless,” “Love Story” was the first single off the album. It peaked at No. 4 on the Billboard Hot 100 and was an integral song for the “Fearless” era. The song was re-released in 2021 on “Fearless (Taylor’s Version).”

9. “Tim McGraw” (“Taylor Swift”) 

“Tim McGraw” was the song that started it all. Released in 2006, the song was Swift’s first single and her first hit. The song opened the door for her debut album “Taylor Swift” and all of her subsequent albums. 

8. “I Knew You Were Trouble” (“Red (Taylor’s Version)”) 

“I Knew You Were Trouble” was released as a single from “Red” in 2012. It spent 36 weeks on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, and peaked at No. 2. The song was re-released in 2021 on “Red (Taylor’s Version).”

7. “Look What You Made Me Do” (“reputation”)

“Look What You Made Me Do” was released as the first single off of “reputation” in 2017. The song ushered in a new era for Swift after months of the media trying to ruin her name.

6. “We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” (“Red (Taylor’s Version)”)

“We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together” was released off of “Red” in 2012. The song was re-released in 2021 on “Red (Taylor’s Version).” The song spent three weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100. 

5. “You Belong With Me” (“Fearless (Taylor’s Version)”)

“You Belong With Me” was released as a single off “Fearless” in 2008, and was re-released on “Fearless (Taylor’s Version)" in 2021. The song received three nominations at the 52nd Grammy Awards and peaked at No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart. 

4. “Cruel Summer” (“Lover”)

“Cruel Summer” was released on the album “Lover” in 2019, but did not become a single until 2023. In an impressive twist of fate, the song started climbing streaming charts earlier this summer causing Swift to announce it as a single four years after its original release date. 

3. “Blank Space” (“1989”)

“Blank Space,” a single from “1989,” was released in 2014 and spent a total of seven consecutive weeks on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. The song came with a music video, which boasts over 3.2 billion views. 

2. “Anti-Hero” (“Midnights”)

“Anti-Hero” was the first single off of Swift’s newest album “Midnights.” The song became Swift’s longest-running No. 1 hit on the Billboard Hot 100. 

1. “Shake It Off” (“1989”)

As the first single off of "1989", “Shake It Off” is Swift’s most influential single of her career. It spent 50 weeks on the Billboard Hot 100 with a peak of No. 1. The song kicked off her first all-pop era, which skyrocketed her career to new heights. 

et029322@ohio.edu