9 best bar specials in Athens

Many bars in Athens have unique food and drink menus with specials for students and locals to enjoy. Here’s a list of some of the best specials:

Stephen's On Court

Located at 66 N. Court St., Stephen’s On Court has everyday food specials.

From Monday through Thursday, Stephen’s has a Happy Hour from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. During Happy Hour, patrons can get $2 off appetizers, 50 cents off bottled beer, $1 off glasses of wine and $2 off signature cocktails and martinis.

Each day of the week also has special food items. On Mondays, baked penne, a rib dinner and a choosable pasta special are available. On Tuesdays, patrons can choose either a buffalo chicken pasta, rib dinner or choosable pasta special.

Fettuccine alfredo with grilled chicken and $5 destroyers are Wednesday’s specials while chicken parmesan over linguine pasta with a choice of alfredo or marinara sauce is Thursday’s special.

Stephen’s brings white fish dinners as its special on Fridays.

Broney’s Alumni Grill

Broney’s Alumni Grill is located at 7 W. Carpenter St. and has some of the best bang for your buck when you visit on Tuesdays for Taco Tuesday. The Tuesday specials include $1 tacos, $2 well tequila, $5 loaded margaritas, $4 regular margaritas and $2.50 imported Mexican beer. 

On Wednesdays, the bar holds Wing it Wednesdays with bone-in wings for 75 cents and Blue Moon shorts for $2.50. Thursday has Electric Lemonades, Sex on the Beach and Long Island drinks for $3. Classic burgers are also $7 on Thursdays. Friday includes half-priced appetizers for Happy Hour and $5 fish bowls on Saturdays. On Sundays, the restaurant has $3 nachos. 

Pawpurr’s Bar and Lucky’s Sports Tavern

Pitchers are the highlight of the week, and both of these bars have them for the midweek special. Pawpurr’s Bar, located at 37 N. Court St., has $5 liquor pitchers and $7 blackout pitchers on Wednesdays. Lucky’s Sports Tavern, located at 11 N. Court St., also has $5 liquor pitchers on Wednesdays. 

The C.I.

Located at 32 N. Court St., The C.I. has drinks specials every day of the week. With a two-for-one and pitcher special every day, it would be surprising if one left without a buzz.

Monday: $4 Ultra pitcher, two for $4 tequila shots and $5 Mojitos

Tuesday: $4 Labatt Blue Pitcher, two for $5 Vegas Bombs and $4 double well drinks

Wednesday: $4 Miller pitcher, two for $5 Gordon Bombay and $5 double Pink Whitney Powerades

Thursday: $4 Coors Lite pitcher, two for $6 Little Beers and $6 Double Vodka Red Bull

Friday: $4 PBR pitcher, two for $5 Dr. Pepper shots and $5 Tequila Sunrise

Saturday: $4 Budweiser pitcher, two for $5 Green Tea and $5 Dirty Shirley

Sunday: $6 Blue Moon pitcher, two for $3 Jolly Rancher shots and $12 Mimosa pitcher

Tony’s Tavern

Tony’s Tavern is located at 7 W. State St. and has lots of drink options for everyone. The drink menu is extensive with drafts, import bottles, craft bottles, seltzers, ciders, domestic beverages and non-alcoholic options. Happy Hour runs every day from open to 9 p.m. with 50 cents off everything. 

Monday: Draft night with $.50 off all draft pints and $2.50 Well drinks

Tuesday: 50 cents off Import & Craft bottles and cans

Wednesday: $2 Domestics, $1.50 PBR or HiLife and $1.50 Hot Nuts

Thursday: Thursday is Ladies' Night with ladies getting 50 cents off all regularly priced drinks. Other specials for everyone include $3 Long Island Iced Teas and $1 Jell-O shots

Sunday: $4 Mimosas, $1.25 PBR or HiLife and $1.75 Hot Nuts

The Over Hang

O-Hang is located at 63 N. Court St. and has a selection of food and drinks. Happy Hour is Monday through Friday from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. with $2 domestic beers and well drinks.

On Sundays, patrons can get well rum for $1.50 and beer pitchers for $4. Mondays have well vodka for $1.50 and wine for $2 while Tuesdays have $1.50 well tequila and import beers for $2.

Karaoke night occurs every Wednesday at 9 p.m. with well whiskey drinks for $1.50 and root beer floats for $3.

Patrons can get Whiteclaws for $3 and Brainsompers for $3 on Thursdays. F-bombs are available for $3 on Fridays and well double drinks are available for $5 on Saturdays.

The Pigskin Bar and Grille

Pigskin is located at 38 N. Court St. and has food and drink specials during the week. There is even a 20% discount OU students and Greek life members can receive on Mondays with their student ID or wearing Greek letters. The food specials are below:

Tuesday: Patrons can get 50% off all half-pound specialty burgers with Pigskin Chips

Wednesday: 1 lb. Boneless wings and Cauliflower wings $5.99

Thursday: House Specialties $7.99

Happy Hour also runs from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Pigskin with $2 Domestic beer, $4 craft beer, $2 well liquor, $3 call liquor and $3 Bombs. The drink specials during the week include:

Mondays: Mojitos are $3 with flavors mango, raspberry, dragonberry, pineapple and traditional to select from

Tuesday: Wine Not? All wine is $3 with selections of Rose, Chardonnay and Cabernet

Wednesday: $3 Spike lemonades, Long Islands and Georgia Peaches

Thursday: Black Widows and Red Deaths are $3

Sunday: From open to close, Mimosa pitchers or 16oz. Pitchers are $10 and 16 oz are $3. Domestic Beer Fishbowls are $3.  

Courtside Pizza

Located at 85 N. Court St., Courtside is a great delicious meal and drink option. Courtside sells pizza by the slice for a quick snack at the bar. 

Monday: $6 domestic pitchers, $8.49 14-inch one-topping dine-in pizza and $9.49 14-inch one-topping take-out pizza 

Tuesday: $3 Whiteclaws, $3 any well drink double, $3 slushies, $7.99 special 10-inch pizza and $13.99 special 14-inch pizza

Wednesday: $2.50 Blue Moon drafts, $3 any Crown, $3 any Ketel One and $1 slice night

Thursday: $3 casino night drinks, $3 Jamesons, $2 domestic bottles, $3 Red Bull drinks and 14-inch with two toppings and breadsticks for $12.99

Friday: $4 Mimosa specials 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., 14-inch with one topping with breadsticks and a 2-liter soda for $12.99.

Saturday: $4 Mimosa special 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Sunday: $15 domestic beer buckets, $7.99 14-inch one-topping dine-in.

@ashleypomplas

ap125920@ohio.edu