McDonald’s to offer international items on US menus; a new bill to develop an instructional program regarding the 'humanity of the unborn child'

Today is Thursday, April 25, 2019. Here’s what you need to know:

Good morning, 

McDonald’s is known for offering regional menu items in different locations around the world. This summer, Americans will finally get the chance to try some international Mickey D’s food.

The company is adding four “worldwide favorites” to its American menus this June, according to Business Insider. The items will include the Grand McExtreme Bacon Burger from Spain, the tomato-mozzarella chicken sandwich from Canada, and cheesy bacon fries from Australia. 

The final item — the stroopwafel — comes courtesy of the Netherlands. It’s a McFlurry with vanilla soft serve, caramel sauce, and dutch caramel waffle cookies. 

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required

News from The Post

A bill may be passed in the Ohio House that could prohibit local school districts from referring a student to any medical provider for the performance of an abortion. (The Post)

Executive Vice President and Provost Chaden Djalali announced three people were appointed to be deans at Ohio University regional campuses. (The Post)

Scores and Game Times

Meet Carter Cheves the head coach of the men’s golf team (The Post)

Podcasts

Host Matt Parker and his guests Spencer Holbrook and Pete Nakos discussed the past year of Ohio athletics on this week’s episode of Leaving at Halftime. (The Post)

Athens Weather

Tomorrow will be cloudy with an 80 percent chance of rain and a high of 71 degrees. (Courtesy of Scalia Lab)

You might also want to know…

Kim Jong-un traveled to Russia to meet with Vladimir Putin. (The New York Times)

The NFL Draft is today. Here are some predictions for the first round. (ESPN)

Lego is releasing a line of braille bricks for blind and visually impaired children. (CNN)

@Heeeeeres_Jonny

jp351014@ohio.edu