HallOUween costume guide 2022

With Halloween right around the corner, you may still be searching for a costume idea. There are so many options to choose from; the choice can be daunting. For Ohio University students, you may even need two costumes, which is even more stressful. 

There are many websites out there that sell full costume sets, but others may require the purchase of separate items. Don’t fear, though, this guide has all the details necessary to make the right choice. Here are five costume ideas/websites that aren’t your typical ‘vampire’ or ‘angel’ costume:

Dolls Kill costumes

Dolls Kill is a clothing website that has an entire Halloween section during the season. They sell everything from pet and BFF costumes. For most of the outfits, everything for the costume is included, but you can always add some accessories, which they also feature in their Halloween store. Many of these costumes show a lot of skin and are on the sexier side, but they offer girly and edgy styles.

Dolls Kill has basic and creative costumes, so there are many choices. Not to mention, a lot of the outfits are currently on sale, mainly ranging from $30 to $70. They also have home decor if you enjoy decorating your space for the holiday. The options are endless on this site, so you’re bound to find something you like.

Britney Spears group costume

People have been dressing up as the icon for decades. Why not take it up a level and recreate all of her iconic looks with your besties? You can find the pieces for each of her looks on websites like Amazon and Dolls Kill. You might even have something similar in your closet, depending on which Britney you choose.

It’s a great way to honor the queen herself and put a twist on the original costume idea. Not to mention, there are many iconic looks that Britney has from over the years. Just remember to “Work B----” on the big night.

Elvis and Priscilla couples costume 

The recent film ‘Elvis’ starring Austin Butler and Tom Hanks, became a hit and is still very popular. During their marriage, Elvis and Priscilla were always dressed to the nines and starting trends left and right. You can choose from many looks, but the one that Jacob Elordi and Kaia Gerber recreated back in 2020 may be one of the best. 

For Priscilla, wear any dark purple pants and light purple long sleeve. It doesn’t necessarily matter what shoes you wear, but white boots would look cute. You can also accessorize with big, round sunglasses.

As for Elvis, blue dress pants and a suit jacket with either a white or light blue button-down would be perfect. Make sure to keep the front of the shirt open, just like Mr. Presley did. Some clear aviators and slicked back hair complete the look. You can even use a fake or real cigarette to recreate the pictures.

"Top Gun" costume

“Top Gun: Maverick” has brought back the obsession for the “Top Gun” franchise. Tom Cruise and Miles Teller make a dynamic duo that you and your friend or partner can recreate. 

There are a few different ways you can go about this costume. You can find the iconic jumpsuit on Amazon and a more feminine version, too. The other route for this costume is a brown leather bomber jacket, which some may already have in their closet. Pair with a white shirt and black bottoms, and you’re all set. This costume is perfect for keeping warm, especially in Ohio weather. 

Ricky Bobby and Cal from "Talladega Nights"

“Talladega Nights” is a classic comedy movie starring Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly. Its hilarious wit and jokes make just about anyone laugh until they cry. That being said, dressing up as Ricky Bobby and his sidekick, Cal, just makes sense. They are an iconic duo that will have everyone’s heads turning if you decide to choose this costume.

You can find Ricky’s costume here on Amazon. It’s a little pricey, but it perfectly matches what he wears in the film. Cal’s Old Spice suit is on Amazon, too. Make sure that if you and your partner in crime do this costume this year, say, “Shake and bake, baby!” at least fifty times.

@gracebrezine 

gb194519@ohio.edu