The Ohio Court of Claims is housed in the Ohio Supreme Court building in Columbus.

Tanya Conrath eligible for November ballot

On Tuesday, the Ohio Supreme Court announced its decision to grant Tanya Conrath’s request to allow her on the ballot for November’s Ohio Representative 94th District election. 

Conrath filed a lawsuit against Ohio Secretary of State Frank LaRose in September, according to a previous Post report

Previously, Conrath had been nominated to replace Rhyan Goodman, the former democratic party candidate for the upcoming Ohio Representative 94th District election, who withdrew from the race.

The Athens County Board of Elections took a vote on whether Conrath could be included on November’s ballot in consideration of the former candidate not having been confirmed. It came to a tie, sending the decision to LaRose. 

LaRose denied Conrath, prompting her to take the case to the Ohio Supreme Court. Conrath said she believed LaRose’s decision to exclude her from the ballot was unconstitutional. 

According to the Ohio Supreme Court’s slip opinion, Conrath holds a “clear legal right” to be nominated and placed on the ballot to replace Goodman. 

On Facebook and Twitter, Conrath posted celebratory comments in regard to her being allowed on the ballot.

@AnnaMillar16

am157219@ohio.edu